The legacy of the congregation of the First Presbyterian Church, Greenville, Pennsylvania

 

This is our story.


The First Presbyterian Church traced its roots from the Synod of Virginia to the Ohio Presbytery to the Presbytery of Lake Erie to the merger of the United Presbyterian Church of North America and the Presbyteria Church in the United States of America in 1958.  Then in, 1983, the northern (UPUSA) and the southern (PCUSA) branches of the church united to form the Presbyterian Church (USA). In 2014 the congregation obtained fellowship in the Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians (ECO) denominations and is part of that group's Rivers of LIfe Presbytery which includes the geographic regions of western Pennsylvania and Eastern Ohio. ​​​​​​​

We believe that we were given a special purpose.

Presbyterians affirm that God comes to us with grace and love in the person of Jesus Christ, who lived, died, and rose for us so that we might have eternal and abundant life in Him.  As Christ's disciples called to ministry in His name, we seek to continue His mission of teaching the truth, feeding the hungry, healing the broken souls, and welcoming strangers.  God sent His Holy Spirit to dwell within us, giving us the energy, intelligence, imagination, and love to be Christ's faithful disciples in the world. 

Our mission is very simple, but very important.

Our mission is to share the love of God with people everywhere and to encourage them to build a loving personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

Timeline

To learn more on our legacy in a timeline form, please click the button below.